Guys did you see how big the moon was last night?? It takes my breath away! The moon is so close to us this time of year, which can create a feeling of mixed energy. It can feel amazing and powerful as you stare at the intensity of it, you may even feel an extra boost of energetic vibes. The energy can also bring a wave of emotions that you may not understand. (Especially since we are in retrograde right now!)
The full moon tonight is in Taurus. What does that mean? Well, it means you should feel a little more grounded and connected today. Taurus is an earth sign. As you approach your day think of things like slow down, pay attention to bring a calmness into your space, cuddle up and surround yourself in things that make you happy. Take some time to give yourself some extra love tonight. What makes you feel good? Tend to your needs.
Astrologers are saying this is a great moon to let go of your past. We are in retrograde right now, so I am sure everyone has had old lessons popping back up to remind you, you still have some work to do. Just when we think we have conquered a life lesson, the universe will throw it back at us, to test us.
When you pay attention to the moon cycles and you use them as tools to reset and let go, you are actively changing your brain patterns. You may not understand what the moon energy has to do with it, but this is an active form of mindfulness that you are creating every month or twice a month if you practice with the new moon and full moon. Mindfulness is the practice of increasing one’s ability to be in the present moment.
Set your intentions for the month with the new moon. Release anything you need to let go of in the full moon. Did you realize we were helping with your mindfulness practice? If we can start paying more attention to the here and now, we will live happier lives. These rituals create a time to reflect and that work of self-reflection helps us be more aware and connect to our emotions and feelings. These practices will start to carry over in your day to day life and you will live more present lives with your families and loved ones.
The full moon is calling! Time to release and reflect! This is the simple fire ceremony that I always share but it is such a simple, powerful ritual that anyone can do. When you release what is not serving you anymore you are actively working at changing old patterns of thinking and creating change within your subconscious.
Simple Fire Ceremony:
Prior to meditation burn some sage or palo santo if you have it.
- If you don’t know how to meditate yet just set a timer and do a minute of intentional breathing. All intentional breathing means is focusing only on your breathing. Count every inhale and really feel the exhale. You don’t need to overthink this just do what feels good for you wherever you are in your practice.
- Write down the things that down serve you anymore. Any fears, happenings, feelings that you would like to release and let go of.
- Burn the piece of paper outside under the moon if possible. If you can’t you can do it over a sink. Please just make sure you are being safe and responsible wherever you choose to burn the paper.
- While the paper is burning, envision the smoke going up to your guides and removing itself from your presence and space.
- Journal your thoughts or visions.
Now pamper yourself and love on yourself today! Charge your crystals under the moon and soak in all that energy!
If you are in the Salt Lake City area and want to join us to learn more tools in manifesting around the new moon, our next event in Sunday, November 24th at OM Wellness in Holladay. Click here to learn more:
- Amanda (@missdjlux ❤️)